September 15, 2021 7:30 PM (EDT)
NAVIGATING DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
With author ELLIE ATHERTON
End-of-Life Doulas often find themselves navigating difficult conversations with the dying and their loved ones. Ellie will facilitate a session focused on:
- Techniques and attitudes that help build trust with clients
- How to honor each person’s perspective when various family members are not on the same page regarding end-of-life decisions
- How to advocate for the dying person’s expressed wishes, while respectfully walking the tightrope of loved ones’ denial, heightened emotions, and conflicts.
- Questions the dying commonly have about death and dying and how to know when they are ready to have that conversation.
- And more! Bring your questions.
Ellie is the author of Stepping Stones: Following a Pathway to the End of Life, now on our required certification reading list for end-of-life doulas.
Patty Brennan, Owner ~Ann Arbor, MI
May 27, 2021 Presented by The Death Doula Network of British Columbia https://ddnbc.com/
9:30 PM (EST)/6:30 PM (PDT)Virtual
I met with the Londonderry Leach Library Book Group to discuss my book, Stepping-Stones. This is an amazing group of women. I thank one and all for your openness, honesty, and ability to share your feelings about my book and your personal stories with me. I was honored by your excitement for the release of my next book MORE STEPPING-STONES, which is due out in June.